Resident letting agents (RLA) ‘FastTrack’ to real estate agent licence course
This ‘FastTrack’ course has been designed for Resident Letting Agents (RLAs) with current industry experience to upgrade their educational qualifications to apply for a real estate agent licence.
Units are delivered by classroom or online training and a recognition of prior learning and recognition of current competency process.
Units of competency
In order to apply for a Real Estate Agent’s licence in Queensland, applicants must have been assessed as competent in 19 units from the Property Services Training Package.
Use the following information to work out which course components you must enrol in to cover these 19 units.
Prerequisite – RLA Licence
As a Resident Letting Agent you will have completed the following 6 units when obtaining your RLA Licence:
- CPPDSM4007A Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4010A Lease property
- CPPDSM4016A Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement
- CPPDSM4015B Minimise agency and consumer risk
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
- CPPDSM4006A Establish and manage agency trust accounts
Prerequisite – 12 months’ experience
To enrol in this FastTrack course you must have been a practicing RLA for 12 months in the last 24 months.
Add ‘Upgrade to sales (for Resident Letting Agents)‘ ($500) to your enrolment form if you do not have accreditation for the following 5 sales units:
- CPPDSM4080A Work in the real estate industry
- CPPDSM4008A Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4009B Interpret legislation to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4012A List property for sale
- CPPDSM4022A Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty
Fast track training units
Selecting ‘Real Estate Agents Licensing Fast Track (for Resident Letting Agents)‘ ($850) on your enrolment form will enrol you in the following 5 units:
- CPPDSM4003A Appraise property
- CPPDSM4018A Prepare and present property reports
- CPPDSM4013A Market property for lease
- CPPDSM4014A Market property for sale
- CPPDSM4019A Prepare for auction and complete sale
The following units can be obtained through our RPL/RCC process or partially via our ‘Permanent letting supplement‘ ($175):
- CPPDSM4005A Establish and build client-agency relationships
- CPPDSM4011A** List property for lease (with CPPDSM4007A)
- CPPDSM4046A** Manage tenancy disputes (with CPPDSM4007A)
**Add ‘Permanent letting supplement‘ ($175) to your enrolment form if you do not have permanent letting in your rental pool. This supplement will cover these units and can be completed online or in class on the Friday immediately preceding your course.