Resident Letting Agents (RLA) Licensing Course

All property training courses are available In-class, online or through private tuition

In house payment plans available.

Family owned and Operated Business.

*If you are on a Student Visa you cannot enrol for our courses*

We are NOT a CRICOS provider.

Enrol today for your real estate, management rights or property management course
View our pathways to real estate licensing

Resident Letting Agents Licensing Course

The Resident Letting Agent’s Course or RLA course is designed for people looking to get into the management right industry, specifically onsite management.

This course is not to be mistaken for a Property Management Course in which you wish to work from a Real Estate Office (Salesperson & Property Management Registration).

The Resident Letting Agent Course covers 6 units of competency and all units are designed for on-site management. The most important component of this course is the Trust Accounting. Trust accounting is extremely important in this industry as you will be collecting rent on an owner’s behalf, this money is not yours, it is the owners. Only a licensed agent is capable of opening and operating a trust account.

An RLA agent’s license will allow you to run a management rights business. There are major benefits for upgrading to a full real estate license, however, it is not mandatory for your role.

*If you are on a Student Visa you cannot enrol in this course*

Units of Competency:

The Resident Letting Agent Licence course consists of the following units from the Property Services Training Package:

How to obtain a Resident Letting Agent’s License in Queensland?

The RLA License is fairly simple to obtain. Once you have completed your 6 units of competency with a Registered Training Organisation you will be issued with a qualification (statement of attainment). This document informs the Office of Fair Trading that you have passed all of your assessments and are deemed competent.
You will need to lodge this qualification with The Office of Fair Trading (they issue ALL licenses; no Training Organisation can issue a license). Depending on how many years you wish to have your license, fees apply.
Once you have lodged this, it can take up to 6 weeks to receive the hard copy license from the OFT, however, if an employer is seeking proof of your license you can provide proof that it has been lodged and you are awaiting the physical copy.

Management Rights

Management Rights in QLD, especially South East Queensland, is a huge industry. It was conceptualised and born here on the Gold Coast and our CEO Dennis was here when it happened. All of our trainers have decades of experience dealing with management rights and are considered to be among the most knowledgeable people in the entire industry. We do exclusive training for some of the biggest Hotel companies in the country and we train ALL of their QLD managers.
If you are purchasing management rights, we have a dedicated team of affiliates who cover every aspect of the industry. MR finance, lawyers, accountants, maintenance, etc.
We have been training managers for over 15 years and our CEO Dennis has opened and operated dozens of buildings throughout Queensland, including some of the best on the Gold & Sunshine Coast.
Industry leaders look to Property Training Australia for advice on how to operate in this industry successfully.
We can even help place you in management rights.
No one is more experienced in Property Management Training than our trainers and staff.

How long does the Resident Letting Agents Licensing Course Take?

Once Property Training Australia receives an enrolment we will send you confirmation of your course.

In class:

Your confirmation email will outline the date and times of the course, usually, we operate our courses from 8.30am- 4pm Monday- Thursday over four days.
Over the 4 days in class, you will work through 6 units of competency as a group including assessments. There will be some research and work needed to be done at home.
Unlike other training facilities, we don’t require you to complete any assessments or familiarise yourselves with any learning material prior to attending class.
There are no fees for the learning material or for having to redo a module due to incorrect answers.
This is not a 4-6-week process; this is a 4-day course.
We do not allow more than 12 students to a classroom which ensures each student have more than enough one on one time with our trainer. It also ensures class discussions are not drawn out over hours.
It is a very personal experience and we ensure all students are not just learning the material but really absorbing it.
We train industry leaders who leave our classrooms with a thorough knowledge of the industry and how to capitalise on their newly acquired knowledge.


If you are completing the course online, you will receive an email that outlines how to log into your online course and begin studying. We suggest a minimum of 40 hours to complete the Resident Letting Agent’s Course.

Private Tuition:

Private tuition is available upon request and can really speed up the process. With one on one private tuition, it is possible to complete a course within a week.
We have trainers available from Cairns to Coolangatta and it is just a case of working out the most suitable times and location to conduct the training.
Private tuition may require you to complete more homework and familiarising with the learning material before the training begins.

For all training options it is important to note that once you receive a statement of attainment from Property Training Australia, stating your competence, you will need to lodge this with the office of fair trading for your license.
All licenses are issued by the government NOT the training organisation. The QLD government (Office of Fair Trading) will have a licensing cost depending on how many years you want your license valid. Once you have lodged with the Office of Fair Trading it can take up to 6 weeks for them to deliver the physical license. However, if a future employer or business progression requires your license, you can prove that you have lodged and paid for the license and you are simply waiting for the physical copy from the government.

Do you offer VET-Help or Payment plans?

Property Training Australia does not operate under the umbrella of VET- HELP training.
We do however offer in house payment plans.
We require a minimum of 20% of the course fee at the time of enrolment and the remaining balance can be paid in instalments. No statement of attainment will be issued prior to the course being paid for. If it is in-class study the course must be paid in full before class begins.
For full details on payment plans email: your inquiry.

What is the process of getting my Resident Letting Agent’s License after completing your course?

Once you have completed your 6 units with Property Training Australia you will be issued a statement of attainment to reflect your competency in ALL units.

You will be required to lodge this paperwork with the Office of Fair Trading (QLD Government) who issue ALL licenses.

The Office of Fair Trading have licensing fees, here is a link to the licensing page:

Prefer to talk to someone?

We love a chat..
Call us Monday-Friday 8.00am- 4.00pm
1800 080 349
(07) 5539 9035

*If you are on a Student Visa you cannot enrol in this course*