Welcome to Property Training Australia

Property Training Australia (RTO number 41241, formerly Property Training Queensland) is an independently owned, registered training organisation . We offer online and classroom-based courses to meet the needs of the real estate industry in Queensland.

Cost Effective

Affordable high quality and accredited real estate training.

Flexible Studies

Study on line or in the classroom.


Years Of Experience

Our trainers and staff have years of experience and know the industry inside out.


One of the only independent real estate trainers in Queensland. Personalised training with classes of a maximum 10 persons.

Recent News

Read The Blog

Frequently Asked Questions

Which course do I need to complete to become a Property Manager?

You will need to successfully complete the Sales Registration course. This course may be completed in class at one of our many training centres or may be completed online.

I am considering buying management rights. What qualifications or course do I need to complete?

To operate the letting side of a management rights business you require a Resident Letting Agents license or a real estate agents license. Currently a Resident Letting Agents license requires the licensee to live on-site. Recent changes to QLD legislation will remove this restriction from October 2014 but a Resident manager will still have to comply with the residency requirements of the contract the manager has with the body corporate.

I am considering buying or opening a real estate agency. What qualifications do I need?

You will require a Real Estate Agent Licence. Currently the educational requirements are as per our website and are further detailed on the Qld Office of Fair Trading website.

If, however, you have existing experience as a salesperson, property manager or resident letting agent you may qualify for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). For further information please email admin@propertytraining.com.au.

What is the difference between an RLA (Resident Letting Agent) and a Property Manager?

A Resident Letting Agent (RLA) is only permitted to manage properties within the complex that they have the management agreement of.

An RLA Licence does not allow you to sell property within this complex.

A Property Manager is employed by a real estate agency to manage residential or commercial property.

I am new to the real estate industry. What courses do I have to complete?

To be employed as a salesperson or property manager you will need to successfully complete the Registration course for Salespersons or Property Managers. Upon successful completion you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment. You will then need to make application for your Certificate of Registration to the Qld Office of Fair Trading using the Property Occupations Act. This form and relevant information regarding fees are available from the Office of Fair Trading website.

Is my license nationally recognised? Can I use it across Australia?

No. It is only applicable in QLD however some of the training units are transferable for competency RPL’s when applying for courses in other states.

Do I need a full Real estate Licence to work in a Real Extate Office?

No you do not. I depends on your role and also sub agents licenses are available too.

What People Say About Us?

Don't just take our word for it

About Property Training Australia

PTA’s mission is to provide relevant and affordable training for the Australian Property industry through innovative and flexible approaches to teaching.

PTA is a registered training organisation, delivering training to the Real Estate Industry.

PTA uses innovative and flexible learning methods to ensure the best possible teaching for its students, catering to all styles of learning and ensuring equity of access for those for whom disability or distance may be a barrier to participation.

(Click on your preferred affiliate)

Specialised Training
for the
Real Estate industry

Enrol today for your real estate, management rights or property management course
View our pathways to real estate licensing