The Recognition of Prior Learning process (RPL) acknowledges skills and knowledge gained through:
- formal training conducted by industry or educational agencies
- informal training
- experience, knowledge and skills gained on the job
- life experience
Property Training Australia offers candidates an opportunity to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) in units from our Queensland licensing courses as listed below.
|CPPREP4001||Prepare for professional practice in real estate|
|CPPREP4002||Access and interpret ethical practice in real estate|
|CPPREP4003||Access and interpret legislation in real estate|
|CPPREP4004||Establish marketing and communication profiles in real estate|
|CPPREP4005||Prepare to work with real estate trust accounts|
|CPPREP4101||Appraise property for sale or lease|
|CPPREP4103||Establish vendor relationship|
|CPPREP4104||Establish buyer relationships|
|CPPREP4121||Establish landlord relationships|
|CPPREP4122||Manage tenant relationships|
|CPPREP4125||Transact in trust accounts|
|CPPREP4506||Manage off-site and lone worker safety in real estate|
|CPPREP5006||Manage operational finances in the property industry|
|CPPREP5010||Manage customer service activities in the property industry|
|CPPREP4503||Present at hearings in real estate|
|CPPREP4181||Manage onsite residential property|
It is the responsibility of the candidate to provide the Quality Evidence required to PTA to ensure that it meets the following criteria:
- valid: covers all the requirements of the unit of competency
- sufficient: enough evidence to demonstrate your competency
- current: reasonably recent, as a general guide less than two years old
- authentic: your own work, e.g., certified/authenticated; can you answer questions about them or explain how the work was done
- relevant: relates to the qualification or units of competency you are seeking
In addition, quality evidence is:
- consistent: representative over a period of time rather than one instance
- reliable: comes from a credible and verifiable source.
- diverse: comes from different contexts, locations and times.
Gap training may be required for Queensland licensing. It is the policy of PTA that you must have been actively working within the Real Estate industry or a minimum period of 12 months over the past 2 years and evidence of this will be required, eg confirmation from Agency Principal.
To find out more:
If you wish to apply for RPL or for further information, please contact our office email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our industry assessors will contact you to provide guidance and support.